Friday, April 12, 2013

Inca Vendor Interview - Bryn Oh's Curiosities and Oddities

Bryn Oh's Curiosities and Oddities


www.brynoh.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrynOh?feature=mhee
http://pinterest.com/brynoh/
https://www.facebook.com/bryn.oh.5?ref=tn_tnmn

Store


What did you think of the game experience? Every MadPeas hunt has a theme or definite feeling about the game that they create. What do you feel is the feeling that jumps out at you with this game? What did you feel?

To me it felt like I were peeking out from inside my closet to see Indiana Jones and Laura Croft making passionate love on my bed.

When you heard that the players can actually die in the game, what was your initial reaction to that?

I immediately begain making a list of people I am not too fond of and cordially invited them to the hunt.

What by far was your favorite part or scene in the game?

I really enjoyed the area full of Lava and wooden walkways.

MadPeas is notorious for making things difficult and it shows by the amount of times people ask for help or more hints. We have the helpers in the pea group that love to do so. Did you have a lot of people asking for help with your store? Do you hide your item very sneakily or are you more kind to your fellow hunters?

I had a some people message me asking for help so I had them answer some trivia questions before I helped them with a hint.  Like for example with the last person I asked the question "If female mosquitos eat blood then what do male mosquitos eat?" The answer is nectar.  The gentle little buggers.  Actually, when I first spoke to Kiana I got all excited and had visions of booby trapping my entire shop with traps and devising riddles and things to find the quest item.   After a while I came to my senses and just hid it in a fairly easy spot i think.

So be honest, how many times did the caves take your life before you were able to complete the game. (if not completed) how many times have you lost your life up to this point?

Well lets just say that were I a cat then I would still be dead.


Bryn Oh


Please tell us a little bit about your store and your products? 
(How did you get started in Second Life?)

I began in second life six years ago after discovering I could use it to create artwork.  I am an oil painter in my first life and for me this was like painting a picture you could go into and interact with.  My shop is full of past work I have done as well as some curiosity shelves with little curiosities and oddities you can collect to put on those shelves.   I found a gun table (wood table box with glass top) in an antique shop one day and converted it to a curiosity table in my living room.  It is full of fossils and seeds and bones, arrowheads and what not.  I guess that is where it originated from.  It is a similar idea to what they did in the Renaissance times where guests would come to be entralled by a wide range of strange little things.

What is the prize that you made for the Lost Treasure of the Inca Warrior?

I made a variation of a bunny mask my avatar wears sometimes.

What do you think of the game play and the story that builds the game?

I think it is a great way to make a hunt more entertaining.  I have been told that hunts in general have, up until now, been more about residents rushing about from store to store trying to get freebies.  That after doing a few hunts they can get tiresome.  

What is your favorite thing about being involved with this game?

To be honest my favorite part is seeing how all the madpea builders bring their individual talents togther to create such a layered work.  I know many of their artworks separately but its fun to see them combined.


 Thank you for taking part in this interview. It has been a pleasure!







No comments:

Post a Comment